Home > > Vacancy Senior Geophysicist
Profile Senior Geophysicist
Our client are looking for experienced and talented Senior Geophysicists. Get in touch with us today to discuss your next career move and get ahead of the game with Mansource.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Work in a team as team member, coach and/or mentor to identify play concepts and generate exploration scale prospects using 2D and 3D seismic datasets for structural and stratigraphic interpretation and following a Play Based Exploration work-flow.
- Conduct reservoir characterization studies, including log-to-core integration, core description, mapping, sequence stratigraphy, and conceptual geological modeling
- Perform well planning, create well target data with reservoir and drilling engineers, generate well trajectories and load the directional data, and prepare geological prognoses
- Conduct reservoir characterization on clastic and/or carbonate reservoirs, and perform G&G data integration for geological models
- Work closely with other technical advisors from other disciplines including geologists, reservoir engineers, drilling engineers, production engineers, petrophysicists, unconventional resources, and facilities engineers, in the development of multidisciplinary training programs.
Requirements Senior Geophysicist
- A seasoned Geoscientist with experience mainly in the Exploration part of the Petroleum industry
- Working exposure with Play Based Exploration workflows
- Background in sound 2D and 3D seismic interpretation in both high-density and sparse data environments (at basin, play and prospect levels).
- Experience in seismic attribute analysis.
- Participation in Play and Prospect evaluation in coastal, shallow marine and deepwater depositional systems
- Multi-basin geographic experience (preferably incl. the Atlantic Margins)
- Experience in sedimentological processes
- A working understanding of seismic acquisition and processing and its impact on data confidence and the interpretation process
- Possess analytical and problem solving capabilities coupled with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information
- A practical knowledge and application of rock physics, seismic inversion, and seismic attributes such as AVO, fluids substitution, and seismic anisotropy
- Familiarity with rig operations, and vendor logging systems
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.