Senior Geology Specialist
Profile Senior Geology Specialist
We currently seek a Senior Geology Specialist for one of our clients. Our client is setting up a team to ensure adequate recovery of reservoirs of the three major oil fields. The Senior Geology Specialist has the objective to support optimizing reservoir performance by utilizing his geological technical knowledge, experience and network.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assess the geological technical ability of the geoscientists and proposes development plans on technical levels;
- Responsible to identify geological technologies, methodologies and techniques and provide technical support, supervision and guidance during its implementation;
- Manage the quality, assess and provide feedback on (possible) projects so they are aligned with the strategy, targets, budget, commitments and goals;
- Monitoring of quality & compliance with regulatory requirements, company directives and International Standards;
- Advice the Reservoir Management Manager in strategic matters and support the realization of the annual work program and associated budget.
Requirements Senior Geology Specialist
- Educational background in Geology;
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years relevant experience in the oil & gas sector in the (Production) Geology domain;
- A minimum of 5 years as a member of an Integrated Reservoir Management team and a member of international scientific organizations;
- Areas of expertise: strategic and tactical planning, change management;
- Soft skills and characteristics: Conceptual and critical thinking, team player, excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities, strong analytical and organizational skills, adaptability, excellent written and verbal communication skills.