Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer
Profile Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer
We currently seek a Senior E&I Engineer for one of our clients. The key responsibility of the Senior E&I Engineer is establishing and/or monitoring the standards that apply to relevant discipline in order to ensure reliability, availability, maintainability, serviceability, and safety.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Supervise, check and approve the discipline related technical documents for projects, including research and conceptual study, solution analysis and definition study and detailed engineering.
- Analyze and review problems and cost effective solutions, against the background of the (technical) business processes, standards, codes and technologies that are applicable in the Oil & Gas industry;
- Analyze and review preliminary cost estimates, functional specifications and conceptual design, taking into account the longer-term vision of the discipline;
- Analyze and review project cost calculations, budget and project timelines;PROFSENIOR E&I INEER
- Analyze and review detail designs and material and equipment specifications and requirements as per standards and codes;
- Analyze and review technical descriptions and drawings;
- Contribute to the contracting / tender phase by analysis and review of technical advice to the Procurement Division;
- Contribute to the installation phase by participating in safety inspections and analysis and review of commissioning plans;
- Carry out work related to the commissioning of new installations and transfer of projects;
- Analyze and review operating instructions of the new one installations and/or electrical tools;
- Provide training and supervise Operations and Maintenance personnel at newly installed facilities;
- Analyze and review final project files containing all relevant information regarding the new
- installed facilities;
- Perform site work for recording, inspection and progress control during all project phases;
- Record and update standards regarding designs, cost estimates, drawings, reports,
- calculations, specifications, in order to guarantee the quality of the results;
- Act as a technical advisor in solving complex technical problems;
- Issue technical advice to other departments regarding process optimizations and/or improvements.
Requirements Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, preferably Process and Energy;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of engineering procedures and standards;
- Knowledge of norms and standards applicable to the petroleum industry (NEN, ANSI / API, NFPA, IEEE, etc.);
- Extensive experience with electrical power distribution, control and automation systems;
- Up-to-date knowledge regarding relevant standards, codes, technologies and their application in basic and detail designs;
- Experience in providing technical advice for problems to third parties;
- Competences: practical, communicative, problem solving attitude.