SAP Business Analyst
Profile SAP Business Analyst
We currently seek a SAP Business Analyst. The key responsibility of the SAP Business Analyst is to develop and drive initiatives to assess current gaps in SAP master data sets and coach and support staff in the procurement on appropriate use of the SAP modules. The SAP Business Analyst improves business processes and designs and delivers solutions for SAP (related) issues and processes.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Create and maintain SAP databases, protocols for updates and maintenance;
- Ensure the SAP governance policies, guidelines and daily execution are effective and efficient;
- Provide technical support for SAP activation;
- Lead SAP specialists, contract resources and other project team members in the delivery of critical projects by applying knowledge and expertise gained from best practices;
- Define project scope and objectives in collaboration with the business/process owner and project management;
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively in order to comply to project deadlines and schedules;
- Systematically elicit business requirements by document and task analysis, surveys, process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and workflows;
- Analyse information and functional requirements to ensure timely delivery of deliverables in collaboration with the business/process owners;
- Create technical design specifications;
- Define test conditions, develop test plans and create unit and user acceptance test scenarios and associated documentation;
- Conduct and coordinate testing according to IT methodology and QA change control processes;
- Identify and document system deficiencies during testing and create corrective measures;
- Define, develop and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans and other QA assessments.
- Identify training needs within the user community and engage in training design and delivery;
- Design and develop controlled business process solutions to ensure effective integration;
- Prepare detailed standard and ad hoc SAP reports based on business needs;
- Interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements;
- Develop process flow charts, guidelines and work instructions.
Requirements SAP Business Analyst
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education, experience and training;
- A minimum of 7 years of procurement and contracting experience of which at least 5 years related to SAP functional experience within the Oil & Gas Industry;
- Proven project management and leadership skills, including the ability to gather clear business requirements;
- Detailed knowledge and experience of integration points between SAP modules;
- Possession of a SAP and/or PMP certification is an advantage;
- Competences: excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, strong analytical skills, organizing and coordination skills, analysing and interpretation skills, problem solving, decision making, strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure.