Project Cost Estimator
Profile Project Cost Estimator
We currently seek a Project Cost Estimator for one of our clients. The key responsibility of the Project Cost Estimator is the development of probabilistically modelled project cost estimates and production of counter estimates to enable validation of vendor offers and claims.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Support the development of Capital Expenditure Proposals (CEPs).
- Estimate the impact of any project change requests.
- Carry out peer reviews of cost estimates produced by others.
- Ensure knowledge is retained and transferred and undertake lessons learnt reviews to promote continuous improvement.
- Ability to interpret technical specifications and engineering drawings of varying complexity.
- Ability to co-ordinate disparate information into a coherent estimate.
- Sound understanding of industry standard estimating processes and principals.
- Probabilistic modelling knowledge.
Requirements Project Cost Estimator
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant subject or discipline.
- Professional cost estimating qualification e.g. AACE or equivalent.
- Min. 5 years’ experience in project cost estimating.
- Experienced user of Primavera, PRA, @Risk and Microsoft Project.
- Advanced Microsoft application skills specifically Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
- SAP knowledge.
- Conversant in business English.
- Conversant in business language specific to role location.
- Skilled in implementing the engineering/design strategy and deliver against appropriate objectives with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record in managing contract delivery, protecting the owner’s contractual position at all times.