Manager Procurement Downstream
Profile Manager Procurement Downstream
We currently seek a Manager Procurement Downstream for one of our clients. The Manager Procurement Downstream will lead a team that can deliver on the full spectrum of procurement on a big refinery. The main activities will include HSE leadership of supply chain, staff capacity development, inventory management and warehouse and yard operations while enhancing and protecting reliability of the refinery by efficient acquisition and management of third part materials and service.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Implement and develop a supply chain strategy for Downstream;
- Develop and execute a contract management plan, consisting of a five year forecast plan and a one year operational plan;
- Realize the Procurement Roadmap 2025 by contributing as a member of the Procurement Leadership Team;
- Lead, mentor and coach to the Downstream Procurement Team;
- Report weekly to the Refinery Asset Manager hierarchically and to the Corporate Procurement Manager functionally;
- Have efficient, commercial and technical oversight of the tendering and awarding process;
- Implement the companies policies on Procurement, HRM, HSE and Quality department;
- Set up an annual budget for the Procurement department and monito OPEX and CAPEX;
- Develop and implement performance reports.
Requirements Manager Procurement Downstream
- A minimum of 15 years of procurement and contracting experience;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership position in the Oil & Gas Industry;
- Commercial know-how to establish long term deals with key and third party contractors/parties;
- Skilled in category and supply chain management, digitalization, analytics and strategic sourcing;
- Perform Inventory Management in a SAP setting, or equivalent ERP;
- Yard and Warehouse operations hands-on experience, also with basic industry storage standards;
- Warehouse 5S implementation experience;
- Excellent command of the English language, written and spoken. Dutch is an advantage;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office a d ERP systems (SAP PM advantage);
- Competences: demonstrable leadership qualities and skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment, negotiation-, problem solving-, operational-, coordination and planning skills, responding accordingly with both personnel and technical matters and the ability to make excellent judgement and decision-making.