Lead Mechanical Engineer Onshore Drilling
Profile Lead Mechanical Engineer Onshore Drilling
We seek Lead Mechical Engineers Onshore Drilling on a regular basis for several clients within our network. Contact Mansource to discuss the most current opportunities we have available.
The key responsibility of the Lead Mechanical Engineer Onshore Drilling is to establish and monitor standards, codes and regulations to which all processes and projects must comply, in order to achieve high standards and results of reliability, availability, maintainability, serviceability and safety.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provide direction by creating awareness of relevant standards, codes and HRM, HSE and Q procedures and ensure that all designs and installations are compliant;
- Recognize and define complex technical engineering issues and in the role of technical advisor ensure appropriate and adequate solutions;
- Check and approve all designs, including the discipline related Mechanical designs;
- Record and/or update standards regarding designs, cost estimates, drawings, reports, calculations, specifications, in order to guarantee the quality of the results;
- Advise other departments on technical process improvements in order to optimize operating, maintaining and setting up of stock items;
- During Research and Conceptual Study, analyse and review issues and (cost)effective solutions, functional specifications, preliminary cost estimates and conceptual design and ensure its compliance to business processes, standards and codes as well as the long-term vision of the discipline;
- During Solution Analysis and Definition Study, analyse and review basis or design, selected solutions in schematic views, Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Plot Plans, Equipment layouts, Single Lines, project cost calculations, project timelines and participate in HAZOP studies, if required;
- During the detailed engineering phase, analyse and review detail designs, material specifications, technical descriptions, drawings and budgets / cost estimates for implementation and ensure its compliance to relevant standards and required materials and equipment;
- During the contracting phase, analyse and review technical advice to the procurement division regarding the assignment of work to contractors, to include during the tender;
- During the installation phase, analyse and review specific issues that may occur, the execution of any additional work, commissioning plans and participate in safety inspections;
- During the transfer phase, contribute to the commissioning of new installations and transfer of projects, including analyse and review of operating instructions for the new installations and/or electrical tools and final project files, provide training and supervise operations and maintenance personnel.
Requirements Lead Mechanical Engineer Onshore Drilling
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience;
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in a Lead role;
- Knowledge of engineering procedures, standards and norms applicable to the petroleum industry (NEN, ANSI / API, NFPA, IEEE, etc.);
- Extensive experience with mechanical design and systems, such as piping, pumps, selection of suitable materials and accessories;
- Up-to-date knowledge regarding relevant codes, technologies and their application in basic and detail designs;
- Experience in providing technical advice for problems to third parties.