We currently seek a Buyer for one of our clients. The key objective of the Buyer is to ensure that the department can execute their work in accordance with the scheduled planning, by preparing and executing all administrative activities regarding purchasing of goods and services efficiently and effectively.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Preparation of the tender process consisting of requests for quotations and invitations to bid;
- Ensure the proper (technical and commercial) evaluation of quotations and tenders;
- Advise on the selection of suppliers and which tenders are awarded to them;
- Ensure the order is received according agreed terms and conditions;
- Negotiate on price, payment and delivery conditions if required;
- Monitoring of outstanding purchase requisitions / orders;
- Submission of periodic reports;
- Advise on work procedures, improvement projects, performance indicators and management reports.
- Proven Refinery work experience.